Let’s start with the hard truth.
You can’t fully control whether you catch a cold, the flu, or COVID-19.
You also can’t control how your body will react once it’s exposed to a pathogen.
There are many different factors that determine your body’s response. Some you can impact, like nutrient deficiencies. Others you can’t do anything about, like your age.
But even among the factors you can influence, no single tweak or “hack” can control such a complex system. (Short of a proven vaccine or drug therapy.)
No magical supplement, superfood, diet plan, or exercise routine can ensure you’ll stay healthy.
There is good news, though: When it comes to your immune system, your daily actions can make a meaningful difference.
By consistently practicing healthy behaviors, you can:
- reduce your exposure and susceptibility
- help optimize your immune function over time
- better prepare your body to fight off foreign invaders
Plus, focusing on constructive behaviors might help you feel just a little bit more in control. And that could help ease the anxiety and stress that come with all the uncertainty.
Our suggestion: Prioritize the “big rocks,” or pillars, of a healthy lifestyle.
- Eat mostly minimally-processed whole foods
- Get enough protein, fruits, and vegetables
- Consume an appropriate number of calories (to avoid or lose excess body fat)
- Move regularly
- Reduce smoking and/or excessive alcohol consumption
- Get adequate sleep
- Manage stress
With all this in mind, we’ve created this immunity-focused infographic to give you (or your clients) a game plan for taking action.
Importantly, you don’t need to do everything we suggest in this infographic.
Eating protein at every meal is hard enough on its own, and your grocery store might be sold out of the kind you like right now. (You might also have less money for groceries than before.)
Some people have way less time to work out than they used to, since they’re busy homeschooling or working double shifts. Others have MUCH higher stress levels than before.
So pick and choose the strategies that make the most sense and feel doable to you right now. You can always incorporate others later.
And remember: There’s nothing wrong with starting small. That’s where great progress often begins.
If you’re a coach, or you want to be…
Learning how to coach clients, patients, friends, or family members through healthy eating and lifestyle changes—in a way that’s rooted in nutrition science and helps people focus on what really matters—is both an art and a science.
If you’d like to learn more about both, consider the Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification. The next group kicks off shortly.
What’s it all about?
The Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification is the world’s most respected nutrition education program. It gives you the knowledge, systems, and tools you need to really understand how food influences a person’s health and fitness. Plus the ability to turn that knowledge into a thriving coaching practice.
Developed over 15 years, and proven with over 100,000 clients and patients, the Level 1 curriculum stands alone as the authority on the science of nutrition and the art of coaching.
Whether you’re already mid-career, or just starting out, the Level 1 Certification is your springboard to a deeper understanding of nutrition, the authority to coach it, and the ability to turn what you know into results.
[Of course, if you’re already a student or graduate of the Level 1 Certification, check out our Level 2 Certification Master Class. It’s an exclusive, year-long mentorship designed for elite professionals looking to master the art of coaching and be part of the top 1% of health and fitness coaches in the world.]
Interested? Add your name to the presale list. You’ll save up to 30% and secure your spot 24 hours before everyone else.
We’ll be opening up spots in our next Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification on Wednesday, October 7th, 2020.
If you want to find out more, we’ve set up the following presale list, which gives you two advantages.
- Pay less than everyone else. We like to reward people who are eager to boost their credentials and are ready to commit to getting the education they need. So we’re offering a discount of up to 30% off the general price when you sign up for the presale list.
- Sign up 24 hours before the general public and increase your chances of getting a spot. We only open the certification program twice per year. Due to high demand, spots in the program are limited and have historically sold out in a matter of hours. But when you sign up for the presale list, we’ll give you the opportunity to register a full 24 hours before anyone else.
If you’re ready for a deeper understanding of nutrition, the authority to coach it, and the ability to turn what you know into results… this is your chance to see what the world’s top professional nutrition coaching system can do for you.
Source: Precision Nutrition