|Micah Parsons Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Micah Parsons is an American football linebacker who has played for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL), after being drafted in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft. Prior to that, he played college football at Penn State and was named a consensus All-American, the Butkus–Fitzgerald Linebacker of the Year, and the Cotton Bowl Defensive MVP as a sophomore in 2019. Moreover, he was named the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the Year after the 2021 season.
Micah Aaron Parsons
Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, United States
Micah Parsons studied at Central Dauphin High School located in Harrisburg, Dauphin County. He then transferred to Harrisburg High School, a public high school located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
He graduated from Harrisburg High School seven months early and joined the Pennsylvania State University. He graduated from university with a degree in criminology in 2021.
Professional Football Player
- Father – Terrence Parsons
- Mother – Sherese Parsons
- Siblings – Terrence Jr. (Older Brother), Shatara (Sister)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
113 kg or 249 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note – He fathers a son named Malcolm who was born in May 2018 and a daughter who was born on January 14, 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
Sports a beard
Micah Parsons has done endorsement work for brands such as New Era Cap, NOCCO USA, etc.
Micah Parsons Facts
- As a freshman in high school, he tallied 121 tackles for loss and 18.5 sacks.
- Micah Parsons posted 1,239 rushing yards, 27 rushing touchdowns (tied for ninth in the state), 99 receiving yards, and 2 receiving touchdowns as a high school senior.
- He was named a five-star recruit and was ranked #4 in his class by 247Sports.com and #7 by ESPN.
- After he recorded 14 tackles, two sacks, and two forced fumbles, Micah Parsons was named the 2019 Cotton Bowl Classic defensive MVP.
- As he decided to opt out of participation in the 2020 college football season, he stated that one of the major factors behind his decision was the risk that COVID-19 presented to the health and well-being of his son Malcolm.
- In the 2021 NFL Draft, Micah Parsons was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the first round as the 12th overall and he signed his 4-year rookie contract, worth $17 million, on June 9, 2021.
- He finished with 84 total tackles, 13 sacks, and three forced fumbles in 2021.
- In 2021, Micah Parsons was voted into the Pro Bowl, named first-team All-Pro by the Associated Press, and was the unanimous Defensive Rookie of the Year. Also, he was ranked 16th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2022.
- He finished the 2022 season with 13.5 sacks, 65 total tackles (42 solo), three passes defended, and three forced fumbles and was named a first-team All-Pro by the Associated Press at the end of the year.
- When the United States announced a prisoner swap with Russia on December 8, 2022, which resulted in the release of WNBA basketball player Brittney Griner from a Russian prison, Micah Parsons expressed disappointment that the United States did not secure the release of Paul Whelan (a former U.S. Marine held in Russia) as part of the prisoner swap and tweeted, “Wait nah!! We left a marine?? Hell Nah.”
- Micah Parsons is a fan of both the Philadelphia Phillies and the Philadelphia 76ers.
- He is an avid self-taught chess player and used the game to cultivate his game on the football field. He has also participated in Chess.com’s BlitzChamp tournament which is a rapid tournament for NFL players.
Featured Image by All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0